Posted November 27, 2015 22:37:17

No wings, but Red Bull does sort out engine deal for F1 subsequent year.

Red Bull’s continued participation in Formula 1 is safe for the short term, with group principal Christian Horner confirming on Friday that a new engine supply deal is in spot for subsequent season.

“We have an agreement with an engine for next year which hopefully will be confirmed in the coming days,” Horner said.

“We’ve entered the (2016) planet championship, we’ve signed a contract for an engine, but I cannot tell you what it’ll be or called at the moment.”

Ferrari and Mercedes rejected Red Bull’s approaches to take more than as a supplier, so it appears Red Bull has had to return to Renault, just weeks following they appeared to have mutually rescinded their partnership.

Red Bull and Renault had been a highly profitable partnership when Sebastian Vettel won 4 consecutive titles from 2010-13, but considering that the introduction of the complicated V6 hybrid-power engines last year, the group has fallen off the pace behind Mercedes.

Public criticism by Red Bull, and even threats to withdraw from F1 completely, proved also considerably for Renault, which announced the relationship among team and engine supplier would end.

Renault was in the approach of taking more than the Lotus group with the intention of becoming a stand-alone group supplying engines to no-a single else.

Nonetheless, there was space left for a compromise under which Red Bull employed Renault-based engines but with much more design input from a third celebration or Red Bull themselves, which would enable the engine to be branded with a diverse name.

“It really is an engine that will hopefully improve for the duration of the course of the year, so it’s going to be a difficult start off to the season for us but we’re confident we’ll make strides,” Horner said.

“Ironically, the path of development will be a single that we wanted to have 12 months ago.”

AAP

Subjects: formula-1, motor-sports, sport, england

Agen Sabung Ayam