Updated December 01, 2015 07:30:13

Sydney FC fans show their colours at the Sydney Football Stadium against Melbourne Victory. Photo: Sydney FC supporters group spokesman Grant Muir says the FFA’s ban appeal technique is not fair to fans. (Getty Pictures: Cameron Spencer)

Sydney FC’s active supporter group has branded as “medieval” FFA’s proposed model for a stadium ban appeals process, arguing it places unfair onus on fans to prove their innocence.

Following a week of mass fan outrage and match walkouts against FFA’s perceived lack of assistance and transparency more than the concern, the governing body on Sunday broke its close to-silence and pledged to set up a appropriate avenue of appeal for spectators who feel they have been unjustly banned.

But the peace offering was not popular with Sydney FC’s supporter group The Cove, with spokesman Grant Muir labelling it far better than absolutely nothing but not great sufficient simply because it demands that fans locate new evidence to clear their names.

“Do you know how lengthy it really is been given that that strategy was deemed the proper thing to do?” Muir said.

“In medieval occasions, at the exact same time when trial by ordeal and trial by combat have been regarded cutting-edge judicial processes.

“It really is a massive concern, because men and women can’t anticipate to defend themselves with out understanding the proof against them. And they’re getting anticipated to prove their innocence.

“If somebody is thrown out of the stadium for swearing and banned, how do they prove that they did not do it?”

The Cove’s leadership group met with FFA last week to seek clarity on what head of A-League Damien de Bohun had claimed was an informal, pre-current evaluation process for these who had been banned.

It came after the fallout from News Corp Australia’s “naming and shaming” of 198 men and women banned from A-League venues.

But Muir remained sceptical.

“We did that (met with the FFA), and now everyone can see that even if it (a evaluation approach) does exist – which I doubt – it really is utterly dysfunctional and doesn’t meet even the most standard needs for the difficulty it really is supposed to solve,” he stated.

The Cove will hold far more talks this week with NSW Police, FFA and the SCG Trust in an try to rebuild trust and alter their view of active fans.

The group, which opted to unfurl banners instead of stage a mid-match walkout like that of Western Sydney’s Red and Black Bloc (RBB) and Melbourne Victory’s North Terrace, will on Tuesday meet representatives from the SCG Trust’s board to seek confirmation that it will investigate where the leak of the banned list came from.

They will also communicate issues about how one of their members, radio broadcaster Alan Jones, likened arrests at A-League games to the recent terrorism attacks in Paris.

On Wednesday The Cove will take to task senior NSW police officers likely which includes assistant commissioner Kyle Stewart, who was quoted in News Corp’s write-up likening some fans to “grubby pack animals”.

Muir also took concern with commissioner Andrew Scipione’s remark that Australia could end up “putting rival fans in cages like the UK model”.

“We’re not trying to be confrontational with these guys, we’re attempting to point out that everybody involved in this needs to recognize each other and solve the troubles that exist,” Muir stated.

“There needs to be a perception adjust and it occurs at the prime.”

In a letter to members last week, Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas signalled his club will also meet Stewart this week to attempt to “develop a much more harmonious functioning partnership”.

AAP

Topics: sport, soccer, a-league, sydney-2000, nsw, australia

1st posted December 01, 2015 07:29:05

Agen Sabung Ayam