A shoe police think belonged to slain Queensland schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has been found in the very same Gold Coast river where her body was identified.
Detective Inspector Dave Hutchinson announced these days the shoe was located a few days ago, prompting State Emergency Service volunteers and police divers to search the Pimpama River once more today.
Police suspect the 12-year-old Marsden State High School student was murdered, and continue to search for her school uniform and backpack.
“We have identified this shoe as being identical to the a single Tia was wearing at the time,” he mentioned.
“We do believe that is her shoe.”
Fishermen found Tiahleigh’s body on the bank of the river on November five, six days soon after she was final noticed.
- Photo: Close friends and household of Tiahleigh Palmer carry her coffin into the memorial service. (AAP: Dan Peled)
- Photo: A Crime Stoppers marquee set up outdoors Marsden State Higher College on morning of November 13, 2015 to assist police in their continue appeal for data regarding the death of suspected murder victim Tiahleigh Palmer. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
- Photo: Police visited Marsden State High School hoping to get details which could aid solve the case. (ABC News: Terri Begley)
- Photo: Police have place up a Crime Stoppers tent at Marsden State Higher School as they seek info on Tiahleigh’s death. (ABC News: Terri Butler)
- Photo: Police briefing State Emergency Service volunteers ahead of the search for Tiahleigh Palmer’s belongings, on land about Marsden School. (ABC News: Courtney Wilson)
- Photo: An SES volunteer searches drains for the belongings of the 12-year-old, in scrub off Chambers Flat Road at Marsden. (ABC News: Courtney Wilson )
- Photo: People gathered to don’t forget Tiahleigh Palmer at a candlelight vigil at a park near her Marsden State Higher School, south of Brisbane. (ABC News: Scott Kyle)
- Photo: Individuals gathered to bear in mind Tiahleigh Palmer at a candlelight vigil at a park near her Marsden State Higher College, south of Brisbane. (ABC News: Scott Kyle)
- Photo: 12yo suspected murder victim Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, whose body was located on the banks of the Pimpama River on Queensland’s northern Gold Coast on November five, 2015. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
- Photo: 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer was last seen at a Marsden school at 8:10am on Friday, October 30, 2015. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
- Photo: Backpack similar to a single utilised by suspected murder victim 12yo Tiahleigh Palmer. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
- Photo: Police on the ground at Kerkin Road North, Pimpama, the day after a body of an unidentified girl was discovered there on the banks of the Pimpama River on November 5, 2015. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
- Photo: Students have left floral tributes to their murdered mate, Tiahleigh Palmer, outdoors Marsden State Higher School. (ABC News: Kristina Harazim)
- Photo: Mourners place flowers and toys outdoors Marsden State High School to honour 12-year-old suspected murder victim Tiahleigh Palmer, south of Brisbane, on November 7, 2015 (ABC News: Nick Wiggins)
- Photo: Flowers and toys left at the gates of the Marsden school, south of Brisbane, exactly where 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer was a student. (ABC News: Nick Wiggins)
- Photo: Police continue to investigate on November 8, 2015 at a remote region on the Pimpama River on Queensland’s northern Gold Coast, exactly where 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer’s physique was identified on November 5. (ABC News: Kristina Harazim)
- Photo: Police and SES volunteers at Pimpama on Queensland’s northern Gold Coast close to exactly where 12-year-old Logan girl Tiahleigh Palmer’s physique was identified. (ABC News: Nick Wiggins)
Gallery: Tiahleigh Palmer murder investigation
Subjects: murder-and-manslaughter, pimpama-4209, ipswich-4305, brisbane-4000, logan-central-4114