Tag Archives: charge

British police charge man more than ‘terrorist incident’ at London tube station

Posted December 07, 2015 20:06:00

British police have charged a man with attempted murder after a knife attack at an east London underground station on Saturday evening which was described by police as a terrorist incident.

Police stated 29-year-old Muhaydin Mire, of east London, would appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court later on Monday (regional time).

1 man, 56, suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries in the attack at Leytonstone underground station, about 10 kilometres east of central London, even though a second particular person suffered minor injuries.

Eyewitnesses mentioned the attacker had reportedly shouted out “this is for Syria”.

Britain is on its second-highest safety alert level of “severe”, meaning a militant attack is deemed extremely likely, although not imminent, mainly because of the threat posed by Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq.

Last week, British war planes joined air strikes for the first time against IS fighters in Syria.

Some politicians have warned that the choice would make Britain a target for reprisal attacks, but prime minister David Cameron mentioned IS had already planned to target Britain.

Authorities mentioned British security forces had thwarted seven terrorism plots in the previous year.

Soon after the numerous roving attacks by militants in Paris final month which left 130 people dead, London police said they had boosted the quantity of armed officers in a position to respond to incidents.

Deputy chief constable Adrian Hanstock from the British Transport Police said the quantity of firearms teams had doubled in the final year and they had boosted the number of officers and patrols across the London underground network in response to Saturday’s stabbing.

“We perform extremely closely with all our intelligence partners and if we do have any indication there is probably to be one thing substantial we intervene,” he told BBC radio.

Reuters

Subjects: terrorism, community-and-society, law-crime-and-justice, united-kingdom

Agen Sabung Ayam

Ex-US president Jimmy Carter says he is free of charge of cancer

Posted December 07, 2015 08:54:26

Former US president Jimmy Carter has told church parishioners in his native Georgia that he is free of charge of cancer.

The 91-year-old Nobel peace laureate and international humanitarian lately had a tumour removed from his liver, only to find four melanoma spots on his brain.

“My most recent MRI brain scan did not reveal any signs of the original cancer spots nor any new ones,” Mr Carter mentioned in a statement.

“I will continue to acquire normal 3-week immunotherapy treatments of pembrolizumab,” he added, referring to a cancer drug.

A friend and parishioner of Mr Carter’s told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the former president created the announcement towards the beginning of the Sunday school class he leads at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains.

“He stated he got a scan this week and the cancer was gone,” church congregant Jill Stuckey told the paper by telephone, adding that “the church, everyone right here, just erupted in applause”.

Final month, the Carter Centre mentioned the 39th president was responding effectively to remedy and that there was no proof of new growth.

The former Democratic president won plaudits when he discussed his illness publicly in August, sounding serene and in higher spirits, smiling typically and joking with reporters in a thick Georgia drawl.

“You know, I have had a fantastic life. I have got thousands of pals and I have had an fascinating and adventurous and gratifying existence,” Mr Carter mentioned.

His grandson James responded to the news stating: “See? I knew he wasn’t genuinely human,” according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The Atlanta Braves baseball team congratulated Carter on Twitter, writing: “We are so satisfied to hear that you are cancer-cost-free, Mr President!”

Several of Mr Carter’s relatives died of pancreatic cancer, which tends to show up earlier in life.

Mr Carter, a onetime peanut farmer and former Georgia governor, served a single term as US president, from 1977 to 1981.

AFP

Topics: planet-politics, men and women, human-interest, cancer, united-states

Agen Sabung Ayam

‘Sickening blow’: Police charge man more than Gold Coast attack on Korean student

Posted December 04, 2015 07:53:21

A man has been charged for allegedly kicking a Korean student in the head and robbing him even though unconscious outside a Gold Coast karaoke bar.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Procter stated two guys approached the student and his companion outside the bar in Southport Mall early on Wednesday morning.

1 man distracted the pair and the other kicked one of the students in the head.

“You will see by the footage it is very a sickening blow, it is quite an unsavoury matter and we’d like to get it dealt with as soon as we could,” Detective Procter said.

“The victim was rendered unconscious right away. The other victim was chased off by the two offenders.

“The two offenders returned to the Korean national exactly where they proceeded to go by way of his pockets and steal his phone.

“If people could view the footage closely, if anybody must recognise these folks if they could speak to Crime Stoppers instantly.”

The injured student was treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital but was not admitted.

A 26-year-old man from Labrador handed himself in and was charged with armed robbery and assault occasioning bodily harm, Queensland Police said in a statement.

He is due to appear before the Southport Magistrates Court nowadays.

Topics: assault, southport-4215

Agen Sabung Ayam

Man in court on murder charge over fatal motorway argument

By Louisa Rebgetz

Updated December 02, 2015 11:44:55

A man accused of assaulting an additional man causing him to fall into the path of a truck on a motorway south of Brisbane has appeared in court charged with murder.

Tamate Henry Heke, 36, is accused of killing a 50-year-old Munruben man on the Gateway Motorway at Eight Mile Plains, south of Brisbane, yesterday afternoon.

Police alleged Heke assaulted the man, causing him to fall onto the road and into the path of a truck travelling along the motorway.

In the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning, Heke had his head down and did not look at the gallery in an look that lasted less than a minute.

His fiancée, who had flown in from New Zealand overnight, was also in court.

Outside court, defence lawyer Adam Magill stated the pair had been to be married in New Zealand subsequent week.

Mr Magill mentioned his client was in Australia on a functioning visa and his family was devastated.

There was no application for bail, which means Heke will devote Christmas behind bars.

He is due to seem in court once more on January 25.

Queensland Ambulance Service intensive care paramedic Phillip Campbell stated numerous men and women had been treated for shock at the scene of the incident.

“There has been a number of individuals [who were] witnesses,” he said.

“We’ve assessed everyone involved, and the bystanders have truly attempted to step in to assist this person prior to our arrival.”

The incident occurred not far from exactly where two women had been killed in a collision among their auto and a truck on the Pacific Motorway on Monday.

Topics: courts-and-trials, murder-and-manslaughter, eight-mile-plains-4113

Very first posted December 02, 2015 11:43:37

Agen Sabung Ayam

Murder charge anticipated over Adelaide stabbing

Posted November 30, 2015 09:25:20

A man taken into custody following a stabbing death at Athol Park in Adelaide is expected to be charged with murder, police have mentioned.

Police had been known as to a residence in Glenroy Street on Sunday afternoon after a disturbance was reported.

Officers discovered a 45-year-old man inside the residence with a fatal stab wound to his upper physique.

Chief Inspector Jerome Teakle said a second man, 24, had been taken into custody.

“This particular person has been taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries,” he said.

“Police will be charging that individual with murder.

“Police are not looking for any further suspects at this stage.”

Subjects: murder-and-manslaughter, crime, law-crime-and-justice, athol-park-5012, adelaide-5000, sa

Sabung Ayam On the internet

Murder charge for Chicago policeman

The officer who shot the black teenager, Jason Van Dyke, pictured above, turned himself inImage copyright AP
Image caption The officer who shot the black teenager turned himself in

A white Chicago police officer who shot a black teenager 16 occasions last year has been charged with very first-degree murder, state lawyers have stated.

Jason Van Dyke was not justified in shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald, state lawyer Anita Alvarez said.

A police dashcam video to be released on Wednesday is “chilling”, she added, and will “tear at the hearts”.

Police use of excessive force against African Americans has been the subject of nationwide protests for months.

In Minneapolis on Monday night, one particular of those protests was marred by violence when 3 white guys opened fire at a rally, injuring five men and women.

‘Masked men’ shoot US race protesters

In the Chicago case, a post-mortem showed that McDonald was shot at least twice in the back.

Ms Alvarez mentioned McDonald was carrying a knife when he was stopped by police in 2014 but was not threatening them or moving towards them.

Mr Van Dyke opened fire seconds right after he arrived and continued shooting at the teenager as he lay on the ground, he said.

Image copyright Chicago Tribune
Image caption The video of McDonald’s shooting will be made public

“Whilst we expect officers to do their jobs… there are a couple of poor apples who go also far and break the law,” she said.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has stated the officer was not justified in killing the teenager, calling his actions “hideous”.

“At each point, he violated what we entrust,” Mr Emanuel stated on Monday.

Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner has mentioned the video is “extremely troubling” and he expects a robust public reaction, though he hopes it will be “thoughtful and peaceful”.

The police union in Chicago has opposed the release of the video and mentioned it would taint a trial jury.

The officer, through his lawyer and the the police union, has stated he feared for his life because McDonald was holding a knife.

Chicago police have also stated McDonald threatened officers with a knife and slashed the tyres and windows of a patrol vehicle.

Bandar Sabung Ayam