Tag Archives: Murder

Search for weapons utilized in suspected Gold Coast murder

Posted December 03, 2015 13:22:18

A search is underway on the Gold Coast for a weapon police think was utilised in the suspected murder of Gold Coast man Gregory Dufty.

Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson stated one particular of the three males charged over the 37-year-old’s death gave details with regards to the disposal of weapons.

Police and State Emergency Service volunteers are scouring three regions in Oxenford, about 300 metres apart.

Mr Dufty was last seen at his former partner’s residence in Ashmore on the evening of July 6.

He spent the day with his ex-partner and kids, then left the home in a rented ute and in no way returned.

Police are trying to make contact with a person who gave an anonymous tip-off to Crime Stoppers on November 27.

The informant convinced officers they had “sufficient info” that they knew what happened.

“3 have been charged, we are nonetheless of the view that at least 1 and possibly two others had been involved,” Detective Hutchinson mentioned.

“We are also convinced the group of folks involved that night have spoken about what occurred.

“We do think there are men and women out there who know exactly where Greg Dufty’s body is positioned.”

Subjects: murder-and-manslaughter, missing-person, law-crime-and-justice, ashmore-4214, southport-4215

Agen Sabung Ayam

Double murder accused on bail after hung jury

Posted December 03, 2015 12:17:38

A man who went on trial accused of a double murder in Launceston has been granted bail following jurors failed to attain a verdict.

David Ronald Morgan, 56, of Lalor in Victoria, had pleaded not guilty to the murders of Angela Hallam and Joshua Newman in Ravenswood in August 2012.

Soon after 11 hours of deliberations, jurors said they had been unable to reach a verdict and were discharged this morning.

The crown alleged Morgan was component of a joint enterprise with Marco Daniel Rusterholz to bash Ms Hallam, and he should have foreseen that Rusterholz would murder the pair.

Morgan’s lawyers argued Rusterholz’s acted independently and Morgan could not have foreseen his actions.

In Might, Rusterholtz was sentenced to 45 years in prison for murdering the couple who he stabbed and then set on fire.

Morgan had been in custody since September 2012.

Topics: courts-and-trials, murder-and-manslaughter

Agen Sabung Ayam

Double murder trial jurors in deadlock

Posted December 02, 2015 15:26:45

Jurors in the trial of a man accused of murdering a man and a lady in Launceston three years ago have said they are unable to reach verdicts in the case.

David Ronald Morgan has pleaded not guilty to murdering Angela Hallam and Joshua Newman in August 2012.

The crown has argued that despite the fact that Morgan was not present when the murders occurred, he had formed a joint enterprise with the killer to bash Ms Hallam.

The jury can return majority verdicts for manslaughter or acquittal, but verdicts if guilty of murder must be unanimous.

Justice Stephen Estcourt gave the jurors a directive to continue deliberating for about an hour to see if they could attain agreement.

He said if they remained deadlocked he would give them further instructions and could discharge them.

The jury has been deliberating for about ten hours.

Topics: courts-and-trials, crime, launceston-7250

Agen Sabung Ayam

Man in court on murder charge over fatal motorway argument

By Louisa Rebgetz

Updated December 02, 2015 11:44:55

A man accused of assaulting an additional man causing him to fall into the path of a truck on a motorway south of Brisbane has appeared in court charged with murder.

Tamate Henry Heke, 36, is accused of killing a 50-year-old Munruben man on the Gateway Motorway at Eight Mile Plains, south of Brisbane, yesterday afternoon.

Police alleged Heke assaulted the man, causing him to fall onto the road and into the path of a truck travelling along the motorway.

In the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning, Heke had his head down and did not look at the gallery in an look that lasted less than a minute.

His fiancée, who had flown in from New Zealand overnight, was also in court.

Outside court, defence lawyer Adam Magill stated the pair had been to be married in New Zealand subsequent week.

Mr Magill mentioned his client was in Australia on a functioning visa and his family was devastated.

There was no application for bail, which means Heke will devote Christmas behind bars.

He is due to seem in court once more on January 25.

Queensland Ambulance Service intensive care paramedic Phillip Campbell stated numerous men and women had been treated for shock at the scene of the incident.

“There has been a number of individuals [who were] witnesses,” he said.

“We’ve assessed everyone involved, and the bystanders have truly attempted to step in to assist this person prior to our arrival.”

The incident occurred not far from exactly where two women had been killed in a collision among their auto and a truck on the Pacific Motorway on Monday.

Topics: courts-and-trials, murder-and-manslaughter, eight-mile-plains-4113

Very first posted December 02, 2015 11:43:37

Agen Sabung Ayam

Lady charged with murder of Marnielee Cave on NSW south coast

Posted December 02, 2015 06:38:20

Police have charged a woman with murder following a physique was found below a bridge on the New South Wales far south coast.

Marnielee Maree Cave, 26, from Bega, was discovered dead beneath the Mogareeka Bridge at Tathra on October 14 about eight:15am.

Investigators from Far South Coast Local Region Command launched Strike Force Bract to investigate the death.

Officers arrested a 52-year-old lady at a house in Bega on Tuesday.

The lady was taken to Bega Police Station and charged with murder and wounding with intent to lead to grievous bodily harm.

She was refused bail and is due to appear ahead of Batemans Bay Neighborhood Court.

Subjects: crime, courts-and-trials, murder-and-manslaughter, tathra-2550, bega-2550

Agen Sabung Ayam

Pistorius’ manslaughter conviction could be upgraded to murder this week

Posted December 02, 2015 01:42:51

Oscar Pistorius could return to jail on Thursday if South Africa’s Supreme Court of Appeal scales up the track star’s conviction for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp from manslaughter to murder.

Important points

  • Oscar Pistorius’ charge of manslaughter could be upgraded to murder on Thursday
  • Track star could return to jail if state’s appeal is effective
  • State argued that the presiding judge misinterpreted some components of the law

The Paralympic gold medallist was released on parole in October following serving a fifth of his five-year prison term for the “culpable homicide” of Steenkamp, whom he killed by firing four shots by way of a locked toilet door on Valentine’s Day 2013.

Prosecutors stated Pistorius, 29, need to be convicted of murder and sent back to jail simply because he knew the individual behind the door could be killed when he fired.

A murder conviction would result in a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison.

“The judgment will be delivered at 9:45am (6:45pm AEDT) on three December 2015 at the Supreme Court of Appeal,” the court said in a statement.

Pistorius, whose decrease legs had been amputated when he was a infant, denied for the duration of his six-month trial that he deliberately killed Steenkamp, saying he mistook her for an intruder at his home.

Higher Court Judge Thokozile Masipa ruled final year that the state had failed to prove Pistorius had shown “intent” or “dolus eventualis”, a legal notion that centres on a individual becoming held accountable for the foreseeable consequences of their actions.

The state argued at the appeal that Judge Masipa misinterpreted some parts of the law, such as “dolus eventualis”.

If the court of appeal overturns Judge Masipa’s verdict, she will be responsible for passing a new sentence on Pistorius, according to legal experts.

Reuters

Subjects: courts-and-trials, law-crime-and-justice, murder-and-manslaughter, south-africa

Agen Sabung Ayam

Israel convicts two Jewish minors for Palestinian’s murder that led to war

Posted November 30, 2015 21:13:19

An Israeli court has found two Jewish defendants guilty of the 2014 murder of a Palestinian teenager in Jerusalem, but held off on formally convicting a third man pending a psychological review, local media said.

Prosecutors said the three, two of whom were minors, had confessed to abducting, bludgeoning and burning Mohammed Abu Khudair in what they described as revenge for the killing days earlier of three Israeli youths by Hamas militants.

Mohammed Abu Khdeir, 16, was abducted and killed on July 2, 2014, weeks after the kidnap and murder of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank.

The incidents touched off Israeli-Palestinian violence culminating in the seven-week Gaza war.

Ben-David, the prime suspect, stands in court in June. Photo: Yosef Haim Ben-David (L), 31, will appear in court again in December. (AFP: Ahmad Gharabli, file photo)

The incidents were part of a spiral of violence that led to a 50-day war in the Gaza Strip between Israel and Palestinian militants.

The war killed more than 2,200 people, making 2014 the bloodiest year of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, according to the United Nations.

Sentencing for the two who were convicted was set for January 13, while a hearing was scheduled for December 20 for the third defendant, Yosef Haim Ben-David, from the Adam settlement in the West Bank.

The 31-year-old, viewed as the ringleader, was found to have committed the crime, but the court held off on convicting him after his lawyers submitted a report in recent days arguing his mental state meant he was not responsible for his actions.

Abu Khdeir’s father denounced the delay in the verdict for the man accused of being the ringleader and called for the trio’s houses to be demolished, as Israel does for Palestinian attackers.

“The court behaves one way with Arabs and another way with Jews,” Hussein Abu Khdeir told reporters outside the court, calling the last-minute psychiatric report by Ben-David’s lawyers a “trick” and asking why it was not submitted earlier.

AFP/Reuters

Topics: unrest-conflict-and-war, murder-and-manslaughter, israel, palestinian-territory-occupied

Agen Sabung Ayam

Man questioned over suspected murder of Canberra man

Posted November 30, 2015 15:59:59

A man has been questioned by police as component of a murder investigation into the death of a Canberra man whose body was found on Defence land earlier this month.

Andrew Carville’s body was at Majura on November 19, about three weeks following he was last observed at his home in Evatt.

Police previously stated they had been treating the death as suspicious, but they now suspect he was murdered.

ACT police confirmed they were investigating numerous people of interest into the death of Mr Carville, who was aged in his 50s.

Among these is the owner of an abandoned auto located crashed at Molonglo Gorge.

The 1986 cream coloured Toyota Land Cruiser was observed at Mr Carville’s home ahead of his disappearance.

Police mentioned detectives interviewed the male owner of the vehicle in connection to the death and stated he could not be “eliminated as a suspect”.

A 1986 cream coloured Toyota Land Cruiser wedged in bushes. Photo: The 1986 cream coloured Toyota Land Cruiser located in Molonglo Gorge linked to Andrew Carville’s death. (Supplied: ACT Policing)

The man has been subject to a quantity of forensic tests.

Police are also focusing their homicide investigation on a number of people who have been at the Evatt home, helping an ex-housemate move out of the house on the night Mr Carville went missing.

“Mr Carville was last seen by a quantity of persons who were assisting an ex-housemate move house from his residence,” Detective Sergeant Donna Parsons stated.

“Police have subsequently executed a number of search warrants, with several products of interest being seized for forensic examination.”

Topics: law-crime-and-justice, crime, murder-and-manslaughter, canberra-2600, act

Agen Sabung Ayam

Murder charge anticipated over Adelaide stabbing

Posted November 30, 2015 09:25:20

A man taken into custody following a stabbing death at Athol Park in Adelaide is expected to be charged with murder, police have mentioned.

Police had been known as to a residence in Glenroy Street on Sunday afternoon after a disturbance was reported.

Officers discovered a 45-year-old man inside the residence with a fatal stab wound to his upper physique.

Chief Inspector Jerome Teakle said a second man, 24, had been taken into custody.

“This particular person has been taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries,” he said.

“Police will be charging that individual with murder.

“Police are not looking for any further suspects at this stage.”

Subjects: murder-and-manslaughter, crime, law-crime-and-justice, athol-park-5012, adelaide-5000, sa

Sabung Ayam On the internet

Third man charged over suspected murder of Gregory Dufty

Posted November 25, 2015 21:57:39

Police have charged a third man over the suspected murder of 37-year-old Gold Coast father Gregory Dufty.

Mr Dufty was last noticed at his former partner’s property in Ashmore on the evening of July six.

He spent the day with his ex-partner and children, then left the residence in a rented utility and never returned.

A 25-year-old man from Arundel has been charged with 1 count of murder.

He is expected to seem in the Southport Magistrates Court on Thursday morning.

The investigation continues, with police attractive for any person with further info to come forward.

Subjects: murder-and-manslaughter, ashmore-4214, southport-4215

Agen Sabung Ayam