A dog which took shelter beneath a bed has survived a unit fire with the support of emergency workers who positioned the pup and administered oxygen.
Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) crews were referred to as to the Moore Road unit in Vermont South about 6:30pm on Sunday when neighbours reported smoke inside the property.
Crews had been in a position to bring the blaze, which was believed to have started in a tv, under handle.
The unit’s owner, who was not residence at the time, contacted fire crews and asked them to appear for her pet dog Angus, who was inside.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus did yet another search of the property and identified Angus hiding under an upstairs bed.
The dog was offered oxygen and recovered speedily.
A fire department spokesman mentioned animals responded to oxygen in the very same way as individuals.
Angus got a bath and is recovering with his grateful owner.
Subjects: fires, animal-welfare, vermont-3133
Very first posted