Tag Archives: strike

Victoria Police give notice of strike action more than pay dispute

Posted December 08, 2015 08:02:14

Victoria Police say they could take industrial action as early as next week, unless a spend deal is reached with the State Government.

The Police Association has provided formal notice of the action, following months of negotiations.

“We’re committed to try and attain agreement by the end of the week,” Police Association Victoria Secretary Ron Iddles said.

“If that’s profitable then there won’t be industrial action but the membership have voted overwhelmingly to support industrial action which would commence on Monday.”

Members want a five per cent spend rise more than three years, as nicely as penalty prices for weekends and public holidays.

Mr Iddles stated the proposed actions have been designed to hurt Government income, not the public.

“We would park marked cars at speed camera sites, not situation penalty notices. That’ll have a key effect financially on the Government,” he said.

“The final enterprise bargaining round, it was costing the Government about $ 11 million a week in lost revenue from speed camera fines.”

Far more on this story:

Subjects: police, unions, melbourne-3000

Agen Sabung Ayam

Wanderers edge Roar thanks to brilliant Nichols strike

Updated December 05, 2015 21:53:40

Mitch Nichols celebrates his winning goal Photo: Mitch Nichols scored a stunning winner to send the Wanderers to the best of the table. (Getty Pictures: Mark Kolbe)
Map: Parramatta 2150

A 79th-minute stunner from Mitch Nichols has powered Western Sydney to both a 2-1 win more than Brisbane and the top of the A-League table.

SCOREBOARD: WSW two-1 BRI

Wanderers 2-1 Roar
at Parramatta Stadium, December 5 2015
threeShots on target1
fourShots off target9
46%Possession54%
twoCorners9
fourOffsidesthree
Western Sydney Wanderers: two (M Bridge 29′, M Nichols 79′)

Brisbane Roar: 1 (J Maclaren 36′)

View full stats sheet

The clash of the competition heavyweights appeared headed for a stalemate right after Mark Bridge’s opening objective was cancelled out by a Jamie Maclaren dink in the 1st half.

A free of charge-flowing opening 45 minutes disintegrated into a jerky tit-for-tat affair in the second stanza, where both sides struggled to gather any momentum with the ball.

Nevertheless as the points have been destined to be shared, the match roared to life on Nichols’ in-swinger.

The in-form midfielder took a couple of touches outside the box and then unleashed both barrels on a shot that left a diving Jamie Young clutching air, and gave him his fifth purpose of the season.

The Roar believed they had a opportunity to equalise in the dying minutes when Jacob Pepper looked to have handled the ball inside the box in injury time, but it was waved off, leaving the reborn Wanderers to nab their sixth-straight win.

The Red and Black Bloc had earlier followed by way of with their threat to boycott the game due to grievances with Football Federation Australia, but it did not quit the tiny crowd of 9,680 from providing their star midfielder a standing ovation when his shift ended not lengthy soon after the match-winner.

Empty seats at the Wanderers-Roar clash at Parramatta Stadium Photo: The fan boycott was in complete impact as the Red and Black Bloc refused to turn up in protest of the FFA. (Getty Images: Mark Kolbe)

Against the eerie backdrop of a quiet Wanderland, the residence side spluttered out of the gates soon after Nichols picked up a yellow card in just the third minute for a deliberate infringement.

Maclaren also came close to opening the scoring twice inside the early exchanges, like a 13th-minute cracker that shaved the post.

However, the Wanderers ultimately grew into the match and it was Bridge that discovered the back of the net very first, set up by some clever defensive perform by Andreu, before Romeo Castalen’s cross upfield was deflected by Daniel Bowles.

Instantly the modest crowd clicked into a chant, only for Maclaren to silence them once more with a 36th-minute aim against the run of play that drew an uncharacteristic gobful from Nikola Topai-Stanley.

External Hyperlink: A-League 2015-16 ladder

AAP

Subjects: a-league, soccer, sport, parramatta-2150, nsw, australia, brisbane-4000

Very first posted December 05, 2015 21:28:46

Agen Sabung Ayam

US air strike ‘hits 238 IS oil trucks’

Oil rig in SyriaImage copyright Getty Photos
Image caption IS receives a big portion of its funding from seized oil facilities

A US air strike has destroyed a lot more than 238 fuel trucks controlled by Islamic State (IS) militants in north-east Syria, the US military has said.

It is thought the pilots located the trucks parked up with each other, waiting to be loaded at an oil production point near al-Hasakah and Dayr Az Zawr.

Warning shots were reportedly fired to scare away the civilian drivers, before the destruction of the trucks started.

IS tends to make huge amounts of funds from oil it produces from seized facilities.

The US Division of Defense says it will release video of the air raid, which took location over the weekend.

Last week another 116 tankers have been destroyed in a preceding air strike.

“This was conducted in a lot of ways identical to our last,” Pentagon spokesman, Capt Jeff Davis, mentioned on Monday.

“It was proceeded with a leaflet drop to warn drivers out of their trucks as well as a show of force”.

Image copyright EPA
Image caption France launched its very first missions against IS militants from its Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier

Mr Davis said there had been no reports of civilian casualties.

The oil lorry strikes are component of Operation Tidal Wave II, a adjust in tactics on the part of the coalition. Previously, petrol supplies were largely avoided because of the effect on civilian populations.

A US-led coalition started a campaign of air strikes in Syria and Iraq in 2014, following IS took large parts of both nations.

A series of terror attacks in Paris ten days ago for which IS claimed duty have intensified the air campaign in current days.

Bandar Sabung Ayam

Cameron to announce new strike brigades in strategic defence review

Two 5,000-robust strike brigades for speedy deployment missions will be a central feature of the strategic defence review. Photograph: Noah Smith/Commissioned for The Guardian

David Cameron will announce two new five,000-strong strike brigades for fast deployment missions as a central feature of the government’s latest strategic defence assessment. He will also guarantee a £12bn increase in the gear price range, taking total spending to £178bn on defence gear and support more than the next decade.

In a forward to the review due to be launched by Cameron himself, the prime minister states: “At its [the method] heart is an understanding that we can’t pick in between conventional defences against state-primarily based threats and the need to have to counter threats that do not recognise national borders. Nowadays we face both and we have to respond to both.”

The enhance to defence spending comes alongside a commitment to boost the counter-terrorism price range by 30%, which will fund a range of measures like an added operations centre to permit MI5 to react far more quickly to threats in the UK.

The final defence review in 2010 is largely remembered for huge spending cuts and the new overview will include a commitment to plug gaps in the UK’s capability, including new aircraft to fly from the country’s two new Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers at present getting built by a consortium including BAE systems.

The new strike brigades are due to be ready in 2025 and are intended to project UK energy, with the capability to deploy thousands of kilometres away. Every single brigade will use the new Scout range of autos and also have access to 600 armoured automobiles.

Cameron will also announce on Monday the obtain of nine new Boeing P8 maritime patrol aircraft for surveillance, anti-submarine and anti-surface ship warfare. They will replace the Nimrod aircraft scrapped in 2010 that left a glaring hole in the potential to detect enemy submarines in UK waters, such as at the entry point to the submarine base in Faslane.

They will be designed to shield Trident submarines and the two new aircraft carriers. The maritime aircraft has been a specific request of the Royal Navy following the loss of Nimrod. These roles call for an aircraft that can carry torpedoes as effectively as being fitted with a broad range of sensors, which includes radar and sonobuoys that are operated from the rear of the cabin by a group of specialists. These aircraft will also offer maritime search and rescue and surveillance capabilities more than land.

The prime minister will also extend the life of the UK’s Typhoon aircraft for an ten additional years by way of to 2040, enabling the creation of two additional squadrons. This will imply a total of seven frontline squadrons, consisting of around 12 aircraft per squadron.

Fitted with a new active electronically scanned array radar to ensure they can continue to operate in hostile environments in the future, the Typhoons will continue at least until the generation of F-35 joint strike fighters become operational. There is also anticipated to be an increase in the number of sailors to run the two new aircraft carriers due to be operational by the finish of the parliament.

Cameron will make a point of emphasising that the UK is a single of the couple of Nato countries to meet its commitment to invest two% of GDP on defence. Setting out the case for further spending, Cameron says in a forward to the 5-yearly evaluation: “This is vital at a time when the threats to our country are developing. From the rise of Isil [Islamic State] and higher instability in the Middle East, to the crisis in Ukraine, the threat of cyber attacks and the danger of pandemics, the globe is more hazardous and uncertain these days than five years ago.

“So whilst each government should decide on how to spend the income it has offered, each penny of which is hard-earned by taxpayers, this government has taken a clear decision to invest in our security and safeguard our prosperity.”

Cameron has already stated the assessment will include £2bn more than the subsequent 5 years to bolster Britain’s unique forces for the fight against extremist groups such as Isis. It will also double its Reaper drone fleet by 2020. George Osborne also announced a 30% improve in counter-terror spending, saying it will rise from the £11.7bn number set out in the summer season spending budget to £15.1bn.

The Treasury stated the money will also be used for what it described as a national digital exploitation service “to allow the processing of seized phones, computers and devices for evidence and intelligence leads, enhancing police and intelligence agencies’ capacity to determine and disrupt prospective attacks and prosecute terrorists”. Capability to collect world wide web communications records will also be funded.

Some of the cash will be utilized to upgrade technology and enhance border police, but it will also allow enable a fusion of intelligence with the armed forced creating it simpler to take action against terrorists in hostile operating environments.

Bandar Sabung Ayam